Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Photobucket

Today, I'm doing a sort of "double release" for a couple of reasons:
  1. I am very, very bored
  2. I love Bright Eyes, and I think I should share some with you.
  3. When Bright Eyes released these two CD's, it was a double release, so I feel I am doing it justice.
  4. I want you to see the many sides of this band.
This is the more acoustic side of the double release. This CD is very intimate, organic, and heartfelt. If you watch the video for the song "Lua," that's exactly how I envision Conor singing that song. The first song has a very interesting beginning, which is a story about people on a plane that is crashing, but it has a very upbeat and happy feel to it, despite the dark situation. This album is full of a range of emotions, from the soft, loving tone of "Lua" to the upbeat, almost country tone of "Another Travelin' Song" to the inspiring and over-the-top feeling of "Raod to Joy." This is one of my favorite CD's, and hopefully it will be one of yours too.

1. At The Bottom of Everything
2. We Are Nowhere, And It's Now
3. Old Soul Song (For the New World Order)
4. Lua
5. Train Under Water
6. First Day of My Life
7. Another Travelin' Song
8. Land Locked Blues
9. Poison Oak
10. Road to Joy

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

No comments: