Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bright Eyes - Digital Ash In A Digital Urn

Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn

DOUBLE RELEASE: PART 2!

This is a very different side of Bright Eyes. As opposed to the acoustic CD I posted earlier, this CD is more electronic based and poppy. Although it is still filled with meaningful lyrics, this CD has a very, very different feel to it. In my opinion, there aren't as many really good songs on this CD as opposed to I'm Wide Awake, but it is still a very good listen. The song "Take It Easy (Love Nothing)" for example, is a very catchy tune, and it will make you want to dance, but it still has amazing lyrics and it makes me want to listen to it over and over (which I do, hehe). I hope you enjoy this CD and maybe you can appreciate the versatility of this band, and see how Conor Oberst's lyrics shine through whatever he does.

1. Time Code
2. Gold Mine Gutted
3. Arc of Time
4. Down a Rabbit Hole
5. Take it Easy (Love Nothing)
6. Hit the Switch
7. I Believe in Symmetry
8. Devil in the Details
9. Ship in a Bottle
10. Light Pollution
11. Theme From Pinata
12. Easy/Lucky/Free

Digital Ash In A Digital Urn

No comments: